Social forum

Discuss upcoming trainings: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course, Genre en Action's Call for Universities

Discuss upcoming trainings: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course, Genre en Action's Call for Universities

by Ruya Leghari -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone, 

I thought we should start a thread to discuss interesting upcoming training opportunities. Please feel free to share information and feedback on courses here. A list of exciting training opportunities is available in our Trainings database - for example, the ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course is coming up: https://trainingcentre.unwomen.org/mod/data/index.php?d=44&rid=5946. The course lasts from the 4th of September through to October 13th and participants are asked to sign up before the 18th of August.

Do you have any thoughts on these courses or any new ones you'd like us to add to the Trainings Database? Let me know!

In reply to Ruya Leghari

Re: Discuss upcoming trainings here: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course

by Ruya Leghari -
Another exciting opportunity is upcoming for our French-speaking members - Genre en Action has published a call for all universities in Francophone countries to participate in a census of gender and development courses that they are compiling. Find out more here: https://trainingcentre.unwomen.org/mod/data/index.php?d=44&rid=5952
In reply to Ruya Leghari

Re: Discuss upcoming trainings here: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course

by Nadège Mamas MAVOUNGOU -

It is a good thing to have francophobe universities décline their programs and degrees on gender thematic .But, similar programs should start from the lowest levels such as secondary education and all countries worlwide should  accept to intergrate them in their scholl programs. If the debate starts being raised at lower levels of education, examples of improvements on gender equality and humain rights will be numerous. In Gabon, there is not any  university program on gender thematic neither do I know a gabonese who has graduated in gender studies. 

In reply to Nadège Mamas MAVOUNGOU

by Claudy Vouhé -
Merci Nadège! Je suis bien d'accord qu'il faut former les plus jeunes, mais pour cela il faut que des adultes soient formé.es aussi! Pour le moment, le cercle est vicieux il faut qu'il devienne vertueux!

Claudy
In reply to Ruya Leghari

Re: Discuss upcoming trainings: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course, Genre en Action's Call for Universities

by 栄祥 林 -

Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO) publishes some very good courses, they might not have a habit of issuing certificates unlike here at UN Women Training Centre, but their training contents are really of high quality. On gender specific matters, I'd recommend this course "Gender in Food and Nutrition Security" which I did not find in the database here. Why I recommend this course is because in as far as gender matters are concerned, many a rural woman can use the help getting their own plot of farming land, and if one comes from a developing country, the stereotypes can make it really tough for women to even be farmers. Farming is unlike education, we can postpone education over years but we (need to) eat every day. A woman that does not receive education is depressed, but a woman that is denied the right to farm has it worse imho.

Attachment 2017-11-06 (7).png