The Gender Equality in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development training course aims to develop and strengthen awareness of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues within the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The principles of gender equality are integral to the goals, targets and indicators embedded across the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The course serves as an introduction for beginners in the area of gender equality; it can help gender equality advocates to position and contextualize their work within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; and it can assist practitioners working on other SDGs, beyond SDG 5 on gender equality, begin to understand how gender equality is related to their work, identify what the entry points for promoting gender equality are, and how gender equality is integrated into the measurement criteria for the achievement of a particular SDG and its targets.
- The history and scope of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the interlinkages with gender equality including through the Leave No One Behind framework
- How and why gender equality is integrated across the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs
- The arguments for gender equality and how it relates to each of the 17 SDGs
- Gender equality and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development targets and indicators
- The way forward including through stakeholder engagement and ideas and examples of good practice
The target audience for this training course are government representatives and public servants, officials from the UN System and other international organizations, Civil Society Organizations representatives, academics and general public