- Understand the contribution disarmament can make to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and how components of the SDG agenda can be used as entry points for gender-sensitive disarmament
- Identify key concepts and gender issues in different aspects of disarmament
- Explore women’s empowerment and participation in disarmament processes
- Analyze key frameworks for mainstreaming gender in disarmament, including frameworks for sustaining peace; and
- Identify initiatives for mainstreaming gender in disarmament.
The course is split into two modules, one on concepts and normative framework, and another one on mainstreaming gender using the call for action of latest resolutions to illustrate with best practices and concrete examples on the “how to”:
- Gender and Disarmament Module 1 – Introducing Gender and Disarmament
- Gender and Disarmament Module 2 – The Role of Women in Mainstreaming Gender in Disarmament
This course has been developed by the UN Women Training Centre in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) and the Women, Peace and Security Section of UN Women. The course is funded by UNODA-UNSCAR.