Social forum

Discuss upcoming trainings: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course, Genre en Action's Call for Universities

Re: Discuss upcoming trainings: e.g. ILO's Participatory Gender Audit course, Genre en Action's Call for Universities

by 栄祥 林 -
Number of replies: 0

Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO) publishes some very good courses, they might not have a habit of issuing certificates unlike here at UN Women Training Centre, but their training contents are really of high quality. On gender specific matters, I'd recommend this course "Gender in Food and Nutrition Security" which I did not find in the database here. Why I recommend this course is because in as far as gender matters are concerned, many a rural woman can use the help getting their own plot of farming land, and if one comes from a developing country, the stereotypes can make it really tough for women to even be farmers. Farming is unlike education, we can postpone education over years but we (need to) eat every day. A woman that does not receive education is depressed, but a woman that is denied the right to farm has it worse imho.

Attachment 2017-11-06 (7).png